The Core of Uponor Systems
At the core of any Uponor system is the ProPEX® connection. The ProPEX system is Uponor’s unique connection method that capitalizes on the shape memory of Uponor’s PEX-a tubing to create strong, reliable, durable connections that can withstand up to 1,000 pounds of pull force.
This connection ensures its users that their system will provide safe, dependable and consistent service for decades of successful use.
Making a ProPEX connection is simple. First, place a ProPEX Ring over the end of PEX tubing and expand the tubing and ring with an expansion tool. Then, place the expanded tubing and ring over a fitting. All that’s left is for the tubing and ring to shrink around the fitting as they return to their original shape.
One tool. No guesswork. Consistent every time.                                   That’s Uponor Logic at work.
More Than a Decade of Proven Reliability
Since 1993, millions of ProPEX connections have been in service in PEX plumbing, residential fire safety and radiant floor heating and cooling systems. The ProPEX system offers a fast, efficient installation method that requires one tool, without the need for torches, glues, solvents or gauges.
ProPEX also takes the guesswork out of fittings with its visual connection method — you can see a fitting is made just by looking at it. And ProPEX offers added peace of mind because Uponor backs both the connection and its PEX tubing with a 25-year limited warranty.
- Offers a full range of sizes from 3/8" to 2"
- Holds tight in strength tests up to 1,000 pounds of pull force
- Visual system confirms proper connections and eliminates guesswork
- No calibration or go/no-go gauges required
- No dangerous torches or smelly solvents and primer
- Takes less time to install than brass or copper sweat fittings
- Available in Uponor’s full line of advanced engineered plastic (EP) products — providing all the strength and durability of copper and brass while resisting corrosion from aggressive water
Codes, Standards and Listings
Codes: UPC, IPC, NSPC and NPC
Standards: CSA B137.5 and ASTM F1960
Listings: ANSI/NSF 14/61, ICC ESR 1099 and IAPMO 3558
Making a ProPEX Connection
Above are the simple steps required to make a proper ProPEX connection.